Green Impact Students’ Unions Special Awards
Special awards allow unions to be recognised and rewarded for exciting sustainability related projects that are doing beyond those listed in the Green Impact workbook criteria. Unions do not need to have won any standard in order to apply one of the awards, so there really is everything to play for.
We are launching our Special Awards for 2013/14 on 30th August 2013 so please check back to find out about this year’s awards closer to the time.
Most Improved Union: Wolverhampton Students’ Union
Unions do not need to have won any standard in order to apply one of the awards so there really is everything to play for.
Special awards allow unions to be recognised and rewarded for exciting sustainability related projects that are doing beyond those listed in the Green Impact workbook criteria.
*New Special Award 2013/14*
The Cooperative Low Carbon Campus Award
This award aims to identify and celebrate the achievement of students’ unions that are actively encouraging their institution to adopt sustainable energy practices on campus. To enter you must submit a report of how your students’ union has taken action on one of these seven areas:
- Campaigning, inc lobbying the institution, for more on-campus renewables;
- Proactively supporting the institution with getting renewables through planning;
- Campaigning, inc lobbying the institution, to switch to a green energy supplier;
- Campaigning, inc lobbying the institution, for more on-campus energy efficiency measures;
- Facilitating low carbon transport projects on-campus;
- Supporting the Community Energy Coalition, of which NUS a member. More details:http://www.forumforthefuture.org/project/community-energy-coalition/overview
- Other activities to encourage and create a low carbon campus. To discuss your ideas please email:email@example.com
*New Theme for 2013/14*
Epona Ethical Procurement Award
Submit a report of an example of how your students’ union has internalised ethical procurement within your practices. This could focus on:
- Innovative ethical procurement processes. This can be related to either products purchased to be used internally within the union or products sold as part of the union’s commercial services.
- Engagement with a particular supplier to develop an ethical product.
- Staff training on ethical purchasing and implementation.
- Awareness raising of ethical procurement activities issues for students, staff and other external organisations
HEA Education for Sustainable Development Award
The HEA Education for Sustainable Development Award will celebrate innovative work undertaken by Students’ Unions to embed Sustainability (or sustainable development) across the student experience. Applications are requested from Students’ Unions who have undertaken projects, initiatives, or campaigns that have led to positive change for sustainability in one or more areas of the student experience. Your entry should be written in accordance with below instructions, paying particular attention to the wider guidance notes.
As sustainability is such a wide, some consider nebulous, concept we are willing to accept entries from a diverse range of projects. However, your project must be able to demonstrate work and impact in the fields of at least two from the three areas of environment, society, and economy.
To register for any of our Special Awards click here to complete the application form.
For more information on Green Impact visit the Green Impact Students’ Union section of this website or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank all our sponsors and partners for their support of the programme.